2. Quiches- This food is child friendly because it is filled with very basic foods: egg, vegetables, and cheese. All of these are encased in a flaky pie-crust like casing.
3. Croque Monsieur- while this may sound complex, it is actually just a hot ham and cheese sandwich, which is something your child is probably fairly used to eating. It is simple and definitely child-friendly.
4. Chocolate mousse- If a parent were to tell their child they are going to be served a fluffy chocolate dessert, it is doubtful that many of them would decline.
5. Tarte aux Fruits- As you may have guessed, this is simply a fruit tart served for dessert. Yum!
6. Fresh Baguettes- If your child will like anything in France, it is sure to be the exquisite breads available. They are made fresh and are insanely delicious.
7. Frites au Four- While the name may be confusing, frites au four is actually just french fries. They are a bit different than their Americanized counterpart in the way that they are not deep fried and are much healthier, but they are still child-friendly.
8. Cassoulet- This dish is a soup made with beans and meat. Simple ingredients normally translate to a child-friendly meal.
9. Clafoutis- This food is a dessert made from fresh fruit and custard. Hard not to love that combination!
10. Steak Frites- As long as the child does not have an aversion to red meat, this dish will be a hit! It is simply steak with the traditional french style fries. The main difference, however, is that the dipping sauce for this dish is mayonnaise rather than ketchup.
11. Pain au Chocolat- This dish is a combination of two child favorites: fresh flaky bakery pastries and chocolate. It is simply chocolate wrapped in a pastry. Delicious!
12. French Omelet- As long as your child is a fan of eggs, this omelet will be a hit! Omelets in America generally have lots of extra ingredients stuffed within the omelet, but French Omelets are really just herbs and cheese.
13. Yogurt Cake- This is one of the most basic cakes in France and is the first cake most French children learn to make. It is simple and delicious!
14. French onion soup- Most people are familiar with this soup. It is something that most children would enjoy and is easy to make.
15. Crème brûlée- Crème brûlée is literally translated as "burnt cream". It is a dish made of custard with a layer of hardened caramel for the top layer of the dish.
16. Crespéou- This dish is a sort of layered egg dish with vegetables and other egg toppings. It is an incredibly popular French food
17. Gougères- Gougères are cheese puffs that would be child-friendly as long as that child likes the taste of cheese
18. Quenelles- This dish is the equivalent as an American dumpling. Delicious, simply, and child-friendly!
19. Fondue- Most people have probably heard of fondue but may not know it is originally a French dish. Children will like this because they are able to choose what it is they want to dip in the cheeses and other dippings.
Author Pam Johnson enjoys traveling and blogging. She is a contributing writer for travelinsurance.org.